Friday, October 27, 2006

Mind Tools!!

http://www.mindtools.com/

This is a great site, everything from stress management to creating leadership skills. Its important to first of all have self esteem, I believe you already to care a bit about yourself if you are choosing to read this blog. Take the time to practise these tips and implement them into your day. My first shrink appointment I was told to do so many things, write down my basic life as I woke up, ate, felt, to sleep patterns. I did it for a few days and then, as my state of mind was at the time, gave up, even that was too much to deal with. I wish now I had of written everyday and might start again. I want to see my progress, how much sleep and medication effects things.
I also was taught the basics of meditation, something I will get into in allot more detail later. You see my anxiety builds up until I crash, equaling depression. There are a few ways of solving this vicious cycle, this site provides allot. Meditation took allot of time and effort, but really really helped me eventually, and now if I'm hysterical, my mind can easily be relaxed and put into focus, breaking down that negative cycle. In professional terms I am learning cognitive skills, and there are many to learn. This is just one that works for me. Check out this site, find one tool you think you can do daily and do it, when you have mastered that, find another one, we work our muscles to gain strength to avoid injury, the mind is NO different!! Good luck and stay positive!

http://www.mindtools.com/
Jill

No comments: